Around 2 weeks ago, immigration told YWAM Wollongong that I (along with the other staff coming to Australia this summer) needed an FBI background check for my visa to be granted. Originally, immigration told us a local police background check was sufficient. I sent off for the FBI check, but the FBI said that could take up to 12 weeks. I didn't think this would be an issue because I could still get into Australia on a tourist visa temporarily. However, I found out last night that if I apply for the tourist visa, that will automatically cancel out the existing visa application process. That means I cannot get into Australia until this 416 Special Program visa is granted to me. My only option at this point is to wait for the FBI to get the necessary information to immigration, which could take up to 10 weeks. While I wait, I will pray. I will seek God's face, and ask that you seek in intercession and expectation alongside me. Different attributes of God stand out to me at different seasons in my life. Lately, it has been His sovereignty. When I look back over the past 6 months to year of my life, I see the sovereign hand of God ordering every one of my steps. If I would have planned it, I would NOT have ended up in the times, places, and seasons in which I ended up. It has been absolutely beautiful and, no doubt, the best thing for me. It has been completely God. I could be frustrated or scared, but every time those thoughts come into my mind, another thought comes greater and louder: God is still sovereign. God is still good. Ne never changes. He is constant, and He is directing my steps and planning the times and seasons of my life just as perfectly and beautifully. If He wants me in Australia in time for my flight, He can and will do it. He is all powerful. If He does not want me there until later, it is because He has more here. It is because to remain here for me is better. And only God knows what is better. He sees the entire picture. So either way, how can I be anything but thankful? I am thankful that He would intervene in human affairs just to draw me closer to Himself and teach me more, moving me from what is good into what is better. I am thankful that He is not bound by time, and He sees the beginning from the end. I am thankful that He is sovereign and in control over all things. And I am thankful that He is beautifully working in ALL THINGS for the good of those who love Him! I do need your prayer though. I very well might wake up not thankful. It's only by God's grace that I can even see His perspective today. Please pray that I would see His perspective and His heart and purposes in all of this and walk in His ways in obedience. I do not want to miss what He has for me. Pray that He would complete His purposes and be glorified fully in this situation, whatever that means the outcome is. His plan cannot be shaken. Pray that He would make it clear to me what I am to do and how I am to plan. If God chooses not to do a miracle and get me to Australia soon, there are a lot of logistical things that I need to figure out with flights and budget and timing and living. I humbly am asking for your prayers in all of this on my behalf. It's hard for me to be in such a vulnerable place with such a big unknown staring me in the face. But i know it is such an opportunity for God to be glorified in my life and for me to truly experience Him. Pray that i would walk in that, hear from Him, and obey where He leads. Thank you so much. I am humbled and blessed just in knowing that I am walking this journey with all of you and do not have to do it alone. Love yall!
praying for you hourly!
ReplyDeleteOh Sweet Christy! We are praying! We are praying for God's perfect will in this situation! Much, much love dear friend!
ReplyDeleteBrook