Monday, March 16, 2009

Sing a NEW song!

Right now we are learning about mercy and compassion and how they are a part of God's nature and who He is and therefore how we should live. But also right now God is teaching me so much outside of the classroom or what I am learning in lectures. He is teaching me to enjoy the moments He has put right in front of me- resting in those, not straining for something distant that I cannot figure out right now anyway! And somewhere, there is a lot of freedom in that-- freedom to look at where others are at. And how I can meet them where they are at instead of zoning in/ analyzing where I'm at and missing everyone around me. I feel like in this, I can just rest in the Lord as my faithful teacher to pour into me what I can pour into others.
He is teaching me about leading from being low and bowed down and how to build others up so they can live fully alive. That is more life-giving and real than so much of the dead worship that I have experienced sometimes. God is teaching me about real and honest worship, which is not always a quiet state of meditation or even a passionate, alive worship with me and God. It is being sensitive to His spirit- praying freedom for someone else in worship with me, giving a word of encouragement to someone, asking for forgiveness from someone if the spirit prompts me in worship, or just being outside with God and resting in Who He is.. it's more than a song. And it usually involves others on the journey- not just me- because we are a body, and our worship is made complete when we are together sometimes. God is so much bigger than my worship.
He is worthy of my honest praise, and it doesn't always look the same. God wants me to sing a NEW song to him because he is singing a NEW song over me! He is still creating every day and inviting me to create with Him, bringing something new, fresh, fun, alive, and real! He is good, and HE is worthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment