I feel like I am always starting my posts with the question, "where do I start?" There is just so much going on... God is changing me faster and deeper than I can process it, and it can be overwhelming to try to put into words (hence, why I haven't REALLY updates this blog in two weeks!). Not last week, but 2 weeks ago... our base leader, Bruce Skinner, talked on missions. He reminded me of that I have been blessed in order to be a blessing to nations, to peoples, to the 2 billion people on the planet that statistically will never even hear the name of Jesus in their lifetime! It was such a challenge to go into the world, to those who have never heard. God really opened my eyes this week to the challenge and adventure that missions is. It is not some distant thing reserved for the faithful few. But it is the very mandate given by Jesus Christ, my Savior, before he left this earth. The great commission wasn't just something Jesus thought he would throw out there... it was God's revelation of His plan to redeem the world- all peoples, tribes, and nations, and His desperate desire for us to join with him. We can actually SPEED the coming of Christ. Because it is not until all hear the name of Jesus that he is returning. I don't know if God is calling me to "be a missionary" but I know he is calling me to the nations because if we are following after Christ, then we ought to be about people, about nations. Because this is the heart of Christ. This is the heart of missions. This is what I want to be about.
"It is possible you'll never find greater contentment or joy or exhilaration until you're willing to give up what you know and what you have for what awaits and exists in the unknown."
-Erwin McManus
Wide Awake p. 49
peace.
christy
No comments:
Post a Comment