Monday, August 1, 2011

trip to the city


Well, it's been a busy 12 weeks of studying in the School of Strategic Missions training program I have been doing. It will be another busy month this month preparing for our outreach in Central Asia, but first.... a nice 2 day break (addition to the weekend) to catch my breath! I spent the day in Sydney, by myself, just exploring the city. Such a refreshing way to rest for me! I thought I'd include some pictures of my day to show you what I did...

First I went to a massive Bookstore- Dymocks- where I bought a fiction book to read. I picked one out that seemed to be pretty popular and recommended. It's called "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett and is set in Jackson, Mississippi during the 1960's. A good read so far!
With book in hand, I set out to find some lunch... walked by this guy selling flowers and pretty buildings so took a picture....
Guzman and Gomez= yum! Burrito stand in Sydney. If I was in Sydney, you better believe I'd be hitting up the Mexican because you can't really find it anywhere else. :)
Then I went to eat my lunch in Hyde Park... sat in front of this fountain by Saint Mary's Cathedral. I even wandered in to the cathedral at one point... beautiful.
Hyde Park is beautiful... Walking around here reminded me of walking to class through Retiro Gardens in Madrid, Spain.

This little guy was stalking me waiting for some lunch. I wonder what kind of bird he is?
I actually resisted the temptation to get Starbucks! But I had to take a picture anyway because it's just that familiar "homey" place... part of the Sydney experience.
That's all... just wanted to share my day. Definitely feeling refreshed and looking forward to gearing up for more excitement in this next month. Thanks for all your prayers and encouragement!

love, christy

No comments:

Post a Comment