Saturday, March 13, 2010

Guatemala tomorrow!

Dear friends,


Thank you so much for faithfully praying and being a part of this journey with me. I will be leaving for Guatemala City, Guatemala tonight/ this morning at 2 AM. I will be helping lead five women on this trip. We will be mostly serving at a house called Tabatha House in the city for women and children. Many of the women have been or currently are prostituted. There are about 60 women and 80 children total coming out of Tabatha House. We will also be doing VBS type teaching for the kids at one of the local churches. Also, we will be spending some time in the Guatemala City dump where thousands of people live off trash, taking food and sharing with the people who live there.


I am so excited about getting to serve in this environment. I really believe that God is using this experience to equip and prepare me immensely for YWAM staff. It will definitely be a time of stretching and pushing me beyond what is comfortable. It will not be easy. Please pray with me during this challenging, but exciting week! (Sorry, this is a bit long).


1. Pray for me physically:

~ I really struggle with getting to sleep in other environments, and when I don’t get enough sleep, I don’t know how to function or be energized to do what I am supposed to do that day. Please pray for rest and for God to give me supernatural strength when I am feeling tired.


~ Also, please continue to pray for my back, that the muscles would remain strong and not ache under strenuous circumstances or as a result of lack of sleep.


2. I feel like the biggest thing you can pray for me spiritually is this: That everything I would do, I would do from the place of intimacy with God, out of a love relationship with Him! Pray for spiritual eyes and ears to be in-tune with what the Father is doing and a sensitive spirit that is ready to respond to Him at the slightest prompting!


3. That I would be aware of my surroundings and what is going on around me practically. That I would be able to think on my feet and make decisions quickly. This is not something that I am used to doing, but it is something that will be invaluable on the field in Guatemala.


(I commend you if you’ve made it this far... continue only if you really want to. Ha! :)


4. God gave me this verse in prayer for the women I will meet. It is something I have been praying over them and know I will have an opportunity to share with someone. Please be praying it with me:


Isaiah 61:7 “Instead of your shame, you will have a double portion. And instead of humiliation they will shout for joy over their portion. They will possess a double portion in their land. Everlasting joy will be theirs.”


AND....


Isaiah 62:2

“The nations will see your righteousness, and all the kings your glory. And you will be called by a new name. Which the mouth of the Lord will designate. You will also be a crown of beauty in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of your God. It will no longer be said to you “Forsaken,” Nor to your land will it any longer be called “Desolate.” But you will be called, “My delight is in her” and your land, “Married.” For the Lord delights in you, and to Him your land will be married.”


5. Here is a verse God gave to me that you can pray over me. Pray I will not be afraid or intimidated. Pray that I will share the gospel boldly and know that I am fully equipped by my Father and He has prepared me.


Jeremiah 1:4-12

“Now the word of the Lord came to my saying, ‘Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you as a prophet to the nations.’ Then I said, ‘Alas, Lord God! Behold, I do not know how to speak, Because I am a youth.’ But the Lord said to me, ‘Do not say ‘I am a youth,’ because everywhere I send you, you shall go, And all that I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of them. For I am with you to deliver you,’ declared the Lord. Then the Lord stretched out His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me, “ Behold, I have put my words in your mouth. See, I have appointed you this day over nations and over kingdoms, to pluck up ad to break down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant.”


Thank you so much! You all are amazing. I could not do this without you. Your prayers are making God’s mission in Guatemala and this whole week possible. He is doing so much through you! I can’t wait to share it all with you when I get back.


Love and Blessings,

Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment