Hey friends! I just wanted to update you a little bit about my past week. Aside from getting to know each other more and having tons of fun together, this week has been intense and deep. Our speaker for lectures is named Matt Dawson, and he has been talking a ton about being real with God and having true and deep intimacy with God. Everything he says has just really surfaced a ton of deep stuff that we tend to hide from one another in order to portray this perception of how people see us based on what we think their expectations of us are.
Anyway, we've all just been cut pretty deep and convicted of just some deep messy stuff, and we have started this painful but beautiful process of being real with each other. Yesterday, I knew the Lord was telling me to tell my story the real way- not the way I've always wanted people to think of my story. And through His strength, I told this beautiful community of friends around me things I wouldn't have dared to say 2 days ago. And since then, I've been becoming free in ways I have never felt free. And I know there is such power in the spoken word of a real confession to break the strongholds of the enemy and for victory to be proclaimed!
This is what's happened in me the past two days, but it's what has happened and is happening in all of us- the 8 of us and the 4 of our staff with us. And it's been incredible. The Lord is breaking me, and it's hard because it's vulnerable and not comfortable, but I am risking losing everything to gain intimacy with Him. And it's tough, but there is a new authority and a new boldness brought in it and an incredible intimacy and realness with my Father and with those around me.
Now I know that the person they see isn't just a perception I've created, it's real. They know me inside and out, and there's something beautiful, powerful, redemptive, and freeing about it. The Lord is so gracious and is redeeming so much in all of us. These stories are so powerful and incredible, and God is about to do some crazy things is all I've gotta say.
Anyway, that's all for now... just wanted to share that with all of you on this journey with me!
christy
No comments:
Post a Comment